Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Great Session Tonight!

What a fantastic little session we had tonight! Welcome to new friends Clayton, Doug, and Steve!

We played most of the tunes on the list (Fermoy Lasses, Toss the Feathers in Dmix, Spotted Dog, and Shoe the Donkey), plus we dipped back into the past with Sally Gardens Reel, and the Christie Barrys Jigs 1 & 2.

We won't have a slow session on the 6th of March, because I've got something going on, but we will have a session on the 20th of March!

We'll go over the tunes we did this month, plus the few we didn't get to (Old Bush, Sporting Paddy) and some new ones.

Happy Paddy's Day, everybody. Hope you find yourself right where you want to be - with tunes, songs, friends, drinks or no...

All the Best,

Hilary

3 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (apologies for the multiple posts, I have a rambunctious 3 year old 'helping' me)

    I'm super new and self taught (Penny Whistle, if it matters), I'm not sure if I'll be able to learn all the tunes in time for the session (and there is no guarantee that I'll be able to play them very well) may I still come and sit out/listen when I can't play, or should I wait a little longer before tying to attend?

    (truthfully, I may not be able to make it on the 20th anyways, but I figured I should ask, just in case)

    also, I love being able to download and save the abc files, it makes it really easy to keep everything organized, but all the tunes listed in you Feb 4th post: (http://stoneystepsitm.blogspot.com/2013/02/next-slow-session-on-feb-20th.html) have more than one setting/version, which ones should I be practicing?

    ReplyDelete